The Angsana Great Barrier Reef Chapel, Palm Cove is a purpose-built, non-denominational wedding chapel, located in the magnificent beachfront grounds of the award winning Angsana Resort and Spa - Great Barrier Reef. It is the only purpose built beachfront chapel in Australia.
Its stunning location encompasses a 180-degree panoramic view along Palm Cove beach, the glistening Coral Sea and the surrounding beaches. The all-glass concertina doors to the front and sides allow for an "open air" feel when fully retracted. Alternately, the chapel is fully air-conditioned for comfort when the doors are closed.
The chapel is approximately 70 square meters in size. Our custom made pews allow for seating of up to 40 people, with ample standing room within the Chapel for a further 30 people. When the concertina doors that surround the Chapel on three sides are fully open, there is additional standing room available on the Chapel deck.
The maximum number of wedding guests that we can accommodate may vary depending on the time of the year.
The bride and groom stand on a polished dais, made from magnificent north Queensland hardwood. The surrounding altar table and candelbras were commissioned especially for this chapel. A centre aisle of imported white Italian marble complements the chapel.
Walk through the Angsana Chapel on Google Street View.
Your Private Fireworks
Following the wedding ceremony in the Chapel, many couples who are also having an evening wedding reception at the Angsana Resort and spa, elect to have a fire works display during there reception, because of its absolute beach front location, this option is available to them.
So light up the sky and leave your guests in awe, with your own private fire works display, on the beach, outside the chapel.
Your Private Helicopter arrival
As the Chapel is situated right on the Palm Cove beach front, another great option available to you, is to have the groom and his party arrive by helicopter. This is very impressive.
Your guest will be seated in the Chapel for his arrival, and are afforded a fantastic view as he approaches and then lands, right in front of the Chapel. He then proceeds to the Chapel to await his bride. Maybe it's time to be a little decadent!!
Only at Angsana!
Functions & Accommodation
The Angsana Resort & Spa - Great Barrier Reef Palm Cove, have designed a spectacular and varied array of function themes to cater for your special day.
The hotel offers the only absolute beachfront suites in the Cairns area and is the recipient of numerous international awards for excellence.
Inquiries should be made to Angelique Schesser, Wedding Function Coordinator, Angsana Resort and Spa - Great Barrier Reef.
SPECIAL NOTE: South Pacific Bridal and their wedding coordinators manage every aspect of your wedding ceremony. The event and function staff at the Angsana Resort and Spa who manage the wedding reception component on your wedding day, are also called wedding coordinators, this is sometimes a bit confusing, but just remember, everything associated with your wedding ceremony at the Angsana Chapel, including all your wedding ceremony options, are managed by South Pacific Bridal.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the ceremony commencement times?
10am, 12 noon, 2pm and 4pm.
What is the Chapel capacity?
The Angsana Great Barrier Reef Chapel is equipped with pews to seat up to 40 people and there is room for an additional 30 people to stand at the rear of the Chapel, plus weather permitting, with the glass concertina doors open, the Chapel can accommodate another 60 guests on the decking along the sides of the Chapel.
What sound facilities are available?
There is a CD sound system with 4 speakers on the side walls of the Chapel. There is also a cordless microphone and a portable Casio keyboard / organ.
Is the chapel air-conditioned?
Yes. The Angsana Great Barrier Reef Chapel is fully air conditioned.
Are there toilets?
Yes. There are male and female toilets attached to the Chapel.
Are there any specific conditions?
Yes. For the Lagoon 1 & 2 packages, you are required to book one night's accommodation with the Angsana Resort & Spa. All accommodation must be booked directly with the Angsana Resort & Spa. There is no condition as to who occupies this room; you may wish to use it for getting ready, guests to change in, or for family and friends to utilise etc. In the event that the Angsana Resort & Spa cannot accommodate your one night's accommodation, then this condition for the lagoon package is waived.
Other conditions are as follows:
- Special Condition 1: The 10am and 12pm ceremony bookings Monday to Thursday have no food and beverage requirement
- Special Conditions 2 & 3: These 2 conditions can be discussed with the Angsana Hotel management on a case by case situation.
- Special Condition 2: A 4 pm wedding ceremony booking for the Angsana Chapel on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, requires that you have your wedding reception at the Angsana Resort and Spa.
- Special Condition 3: The 2pm, and 4pm ceremony bookings Monday to Thursday, and the 10am, 12noon, and 2pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday require that you utilise the Angsana Resort and Spa food and beverage services (minimum spend of $38.00 per person based on ceremony guest numbers). This can be for post ceremony drinks and canapés during the photo shoot for example.
- Special Condition 4: South Pacific Bridal Pty Ltd have the right of refusal of any wedding at the Angsana Great Barrier Reef Chapel Palm Cove, that is seen to be either partly, or fully coordinated by an outside wedding company, provider or supplier.
- Special Condition 5: For the comfort of wedding guests as well as house guests, unless otherwise agreed to by South Pacific Bridal, all wedding ceremony music must be confined to the inside the chapel.
- Accommodation and functions are to be booked direct with Angsana Resort & Spa.
- Conditions are only applicable in the event that the Resort is not already fully booked
Deposit Requirements and Cancellation Policy
Booking Fee: A $500 non refundable booking fee is required upon confirmation of your booking. Then 50% of total price is to be paid 120 days prior to the wedding ceremony. Balance to be paid 40 days prior to wedding.
Cancellation Policy: Applicable in the following circumstances, and includes all booked optional extras.
- Cancellation fee of 20% of entire wedding costs will be charged if wedding is cancelled 71-90 days prior to wedding.
- Cancellation fee of 50% of entire wedding costs will be charged if wedding is cancelled 41-70 days prior to wedding.
- Cancellation fee of 100% of entire wedding costs will be charged if wedding is cancelled 1-40 days prior to wedding.
- Cancellation fee of 100% of entire wedding costs will be charged if wedding is cancelled on the day or parties no-show.